Full course description
Enroll Anytime, Anywhere! BPCC OnDemand provides the convenience of independent study that allows you to move through the course at your own pace.
Course Outline - This course has 25 modules that contain recorded lectures and PowerPoint slides as well as additional information to assist with preparing for the CISSP certification.
Description - This online course is designed to help participants pass the CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) exam. The CISSP course covers all 8 CISSP exam domains developed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2. Participants must have 5 years paid full-time experience in 2 of 8 domains (4 years with a 4-year college degree.) A BPCC OnDemand certificate of competition will be issued at the end of this course. Please note: the certificate is for completion of the CISSP course ONLY; you will have to sit for the exam in order to be certified.
Voucher - A voucher to take the exam is NOT included in this course. The cost to purchase a voucher is $599 (not included in the course cost).
Requirements - Before enrolling in this course, it is important that you review the requirements.
- Must have 5 years paid full-time experience in 2 of 8 domains https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx
- Meet background qualifications https://www.isc2.org/candidate-background.aspx.
- Must also have an existing CISSP endorse you https://www.isc2.org/endorsement/default.aspx (BPCC does not endorse the participant)
Objectives - As a result of this course participants should have an understanding of the meaning, function, and purpose of the following:
- identify access control concepts, techniques, and attacks;
- apply application security techniques used in system development;
- recognize security architecture models and techniques; and
- identify network security layers and technologies.
- describe information security and risk management principles;
- practice business continuity and disaster recovery planning;
- describe data cryptography techniques;
- identify legal issues and investigation techniques in information system security;
- explain operations security concepts and techniques; and
- describe physical security technologies.
Instructor - Al Shaw has been an instructor at Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC) since 2010. Prior to coming to BPCC, he served 21 years in the U.S. Air Force as a computer programmer. He has a diverse background of experience in system administration, software development, and network security. As an instructor of Cyber Information Technology (CIT), he teaches various classes in computer basics, programming, networking, and computer security.